It is a little-known fact, but cold weather damages hair. However there is no need to worry, we’ve listed 5 simple tips below to help you protect your hair from the elements, so you can look fun and fresh all winter long.
- The simplest way to protect your hair from the elements is to wear cute woolen beanie. Additional tip: wrap your hair up in a silk scarf before you wear your beanie to avoid that frizzy hat-hair. The scarf acts as a barrier between the wool and your hair (reducing static), leaving you with gorgeous, smooth hair all day long.
You can also try heat styling products before you blowdry, curl or straighten your hair. Check out the Neal & Wolf GUARD, it’s great for keeping your hair protected from heat and smooth and frizz-free.
- Deep conditioning treatments are the best way to fight the frizz. To truly keep your hair hydrated all season long, deep condition it once a week. The cold winter air, coupled with the dry heat of your house, tends to strip your hair of moisture, so deep conditioning frequently is very important. The Neal & Wolf Repair & Replenish products is great for this.
If you don’t have the time to deep condition your hair often, try hair. Whether you apply it on wet hair before blow-drying, or on dry hair to add lustre and shine, hair oil works like a charm.
- Don’t wash your hair too much. Fact is, overwashing your hair causes it to dry out and become frizzy, so try to wash your hair 2-3 times a week. Also remember to dry your hair completely before you head out, because cold air causes wet hair to become brittle and dry.
- Dry hair leads to split ends. Get a quick trim every 2 months or so to keep your hair free of split ends. This will go a long way in keeping your hair youthful and fresh.
- Humidifiers are a godsend in helping combat frizzy hair (and dry skin!) Heated homes tend to be dry, and thus result in dry hair. Humidifiers balance this out by adding some moisture into the air, and also have the benefit of smoothing that unruly mane.